My Skin Saviours ● Skincare Chapter

origins-drink-up-intensive-overnight-mask-nip-and-fab-glycolic-fix-overnight-gel-hydraluron-indeed-serum-skincare-holygrails-favorites-loves-top-3-skin-saviours-the-thrend-chapter-skincare
Hey Loves!

Today I'd like to share my recent skincare discoveries that literally saved my skin. Two months ago my skin started "freaking out" aka breaking out like crazy to the point I thought my serious acne came back. Some of it was hormonal but the majority of it was definitely caused by stress and bad water/polluted air. I'm really disappointed with water quality in London and I can see its' horrible effects on my skin and hair just in short 6 months that I've lived here. Back home in Lithuania, tap water quality is amazing (aka I thought buying bottled water was wasteful, stupid and unnecessary) and that might be a huge factor why my body reacted this badly to water here. Also I have to admit that at one point I got a little lazy and wasn't cleaning/scrubbing my skin properly. 


My skin type is combination/oily, dehydrated and acne prone. Also my pores get clogged really easily therefore I have to use tools everyday to clean it and scrub it regularly or else all hell breaks loose. Although my skin is crazy oily in T-zone area, I still have to use lightweight, non comedogenic but very hydrating moisturisers as it is dehydrated. Otherwise I end up with dry patches all over my face and my skin produces even more oil. I hope this long description helps to understand my skin type better.

NIP+FAB GLYCOLIC FIX OVERNIGHT PURIFYING GEL (9.5/10)


Let's start with my ultimate MVP that had the biggest impact on my skin. This product is for oily skin types only, as it can be pretty drying. I rub it in all over my face and leave it overnight. I've tried using it with light moisturiser underneath and on it's own, results were the same so you can use it in combination with other light products if needed.

This gel contains 4% glycolic acid which aids natural skin exfoliation and refines skin's texture. Also it has salicylic acid (my favorite) to help unclog congested skin and vitamin B3 to improve uneven skin tone. 

I was amazed how quickly it worked. After just one use my skin was noticeably clearer and really smooth. After only a week of use the majority of my spots were gone and I barely had any scars (my skin scars really bad). And now after almost a month I have to say my skin tone is definitely more even. 

Texture of the product is a bit funny. It's quite thick and sticky. Once applied, you can definitely feel it on the skin but I wouldn't describe it as heavy. Even after few minutes of drying it stays pretty tacky and my cheeks do stick to pillowcase a little bit, but I don't mind it as results are amazing.  

I personally love this product and will continue on repurchasing it as long as it works for me! Also I'm considering to try other products from this range.

ORIGINS DRINK UP™ INTENSIVE OVERNIGHT MASK (8.5/10)


I got this mask for free back in May when they had a Facebook promotion going on. I'd encourage more brands to host such promos as I'll definitely repurchase this product once I finish it and might buy one for my mom one for her birthday as she loved it as well. On their website it's described as best suitable for dry skin but I'm a proof that it works for pretty much everyone.

First of all, although it seems quite expensive for a face mask, it'll literally last forever. I had 30ml tube since May, I use it at least once a week and I still have 1/3 left. I imagine full size 100ml tube could easily last for over a year so price seems reasonable if you look at it from that perspective. 

I apply an even thin layer on my skin and rub it in until mask sinks in and I can barely feel it. I've tried applying thicker layer but personally hated the heavy feeling of it afterwards. If you have dryer skin type you'll probably love lathering it on. I usually wear it overnight as the directions and name suggests but leaving it on for few hour is enough to feel the results. In the morning my skin feels plump and hydrated and I can still see results few days after applying it! Also this mask hasn't caused any break outs yet and therefore it's definitely my favorite moisturising mask I've tried so far (and I have tried a lot)!

At first this mask seems really thick but once you start working it in, it thins out quite a bit. If applied in thin layer it sinks in super fast. 

I believe this mask is pretty universal and especially great for upcoming winter season!


INDEED LABS HYDRALURON SERUM (7/10)




I had this product for a month now and I'm still on the fence about it.

You're supposed to use it morning and night under your moisturiser. I usually use it with my Simple Light moisturiser or Origins mask mentioned above. I do feel that it works but results so far haven't been as noticeable. My skin does feel nicer whenever I use it but I feel like it doesn't have a long lasting effect. 

The texture of this serum is gel like, but melts from the heats of the skin and ends up quite runny. You only need a pea sized amount to cover the whole face. 

I will continue on using it and I'll eventually give you my final opinion in empties video. Don't get me wrong, I do love it and it works but I'm not sure if it's worth the price.


That is it this time. I hope you like this type of blog post as I do plan on doing more in the future. Thank you for reading and if you have any ideas/requests for future posts let me know in the comments down below!
                                                                                     

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.